Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spring sports in full bloom

Finally, the weather is starting to cooperate... sort of.
After last week was filled with what seemed like more cancellations than games played, events are getting being held this week.
Ironically, in the time from when I started writing that sentence and then got distracted (checked on something in the oven, dealt with a "crisis" from my six year old daughter, I just got a phone call informing me that the Ubly Invite was cancelled.
That stinks. After the USA Invite was cancelled last week, this is the second major track event to go down in flames.
I'm pretty bummed. I was looking forward to seeing the Ubly girls' in action and getting an early indication of what their chances at another top finish in the State Finals.
Now that will postponed for at least another two days until Friday's Brown City Invite... if that meet happens.
But even the games that have been played, have not been held in ideal conditions. In some of my first work of the new season, I attended baseball/softball action at EPBP on Monday against Harbor Beach, along with soccer between Lakers and Cass City. Let's say the condtions were less then ideal, for the players, fans, and the media.
I know a collective boo-hoo for the media, but irregardless, there was a strong win blowing in towards homeplate that made things tricky for the players and everyone in attaendance. I know I got sand in my eyes, had some stuck in my lense, and try to find a couple of safe nooks behind the dugouts where the wind resistance was better. I never really found a great one.
IF Friday's track meet goes on, I may post some of the pics from the event in a post over the weekend.
With that in mind, I'm going to post a few more pictures in another post of action from the last couple of days.

No comments: