Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Even more soccer... JUST PLAYIN'

Hey there. It ws nice to see a couple of people get a little worked up in my absence. I've been waiting for something like that for awhile now.
So one of you posters ewanted some of my takes, well here you go:
USA football is the real deal. Now before anyone accuses me of jumping on the bandwagon, I did pick them to lose to Ubly, but I selected them as the team I thought would win the GTW title. Lance VanHoost had one of the best games I have ever seen from a running back. I've seen some doosies with 100+, 150+, but almost 225... wow. If Hooster can go 200+ against a good team like Ubly, can he get 275+ against Bad Axe or 300+ against BV. It may seem a little far fetched, but he is only limited by the number of carries he gets, which should be a lot.
Ubly is not that bad. There was a lot of doom and gloom in Ubly on Friday night after the loss. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Chicken Little running through the parking lot saying something about the sky falling. Well, the Bearcats will be fine. Maybe they won't be 8-1 0r 7-2 good, but this is still a playoff team. And when Kaufman comes back, the sky is the limit. This is a team that could still make a nice playoff run.
Bad Axe and Lakers impress. They are not playoff level teams, but I'm positive by the end of the season these teams are going to have some opponents shaking their heads. They showed signs of life against two of the GTE's top teams and I think that when they get into the league schedule they will make some noise. In the end, these teams might not be league champs, but they will have a say.
Harbor Beach, the best team everyone is forgetting about. Between all the talk of Ubly and USA, everyone seems to be forgetting about the Pirates who were 8-1 last year. Not impressed too much by their opener, but who knows how much of that was the weather and how much were true issues the team needs to work on (read: stopping the run). With Kaufman's injury, let me annoint the Pirates as my new favorite in the East.
USA volleyball... wow. How do you win a tournament with just seven players? Ask coach Scott Smith (not to be confused with Scott "Bubba" Smith), whose team did that in the Hatchet Invitational last Saturday. They knocked off Ubly in the final, who was also down a player. Now, I'm not a fan of the season switch, but if it is going to produce volleyball this good... I'm on board.

No comments: