Saturday, June 16, 2007

BREAKING NEWS:USA heading to the finals

Could the Thumb have a another team win a State Title for the second straight year?
They will if the USA softball squad has anything to say about it. They adavnced to the championship game with a 4-3 win over Mason County Central.
The game was not a typical Patriot performance by any means.
Why you ask? Well for a team that has been heralded for their defense in recent weeks, they maanaged to commit at least five official errors (I say official because I thought the score keeper was generous on a play or two). Not the performance you would expect from USA, but I should add that most of the mistakes came on overthrows, which coach Larry Houthoofd attributed to nerves.
Hopefully the Patriots got that out of their system as they head into today's game (yes it is after midnight as I'm posting this) with Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central at 1 p.m.
I'll be posting a photo gallery of the event in a few minutes, but to get the whole story on the semis and championship game, check out your local publication this Wednesday.
I should be back on Sunday (yes I'll be working for at least a few hours on Father's Day) with my thoughts on the game and maybe some pictures.
I've got a wedding Saturday night after the game and after a 3 1/2 hour ride back... let's just say a Saturday night post isn't realistic.

No comments: