Saturday, January 12, 2008

Major Announcement...

Just wanted to let everyone I will try to get some pics from friday up some time this weekend. By the way, that wasn't the announcement.
Things may get a little slower around here, as yesterday I was promoted to the position of Interim Editor of all three of our publications. I will be handling all the regular editorial stuff, while maintaining all of my sports duties. I'm going to be spread pretty thin for awhile. Here's hoping we get the approval quickly to hire my replacement in sports.
But one guy who won't be joining my staff is Andrew Seilich, former TCA sports writer, who joined the JRC family recently when he was hired as the spors editor at the (Lapeer) County Press.
Welcome to the company Andrew!
Personally, I'm looking forward to this challenge, one I undertook for four months last year from the summer through part of the fall. I think our news papers will take a better direction and become much more reader friendly and interesting. Only time will tell, but the change should be evident in the next few weeks as I get settled in and the changes get made.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion, Chris!

Christian Selich said...

Congrats Chris

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chris.

Does the promotion have anything to do with the poor descision someone made to run a picture on the cover a week or two ago with a former USA teacher/coach with his former team?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chris! You are the man for the job. Best of luck!

Chris Ogryski said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
That was a poor decision, thanks for trying to rain on my parade. Point blank, no one but Molly and her supervison Jack (our publisher) know why she is no longer with the company.
I look at this opportunity like a capable quarterback playing behind a veteran. You know you are more than capable of getting the job done, you may even think you can do a better job them then (you should think that way) and all you need is a chance.
This is my chance... I don' care how I got it, but make no mistake about it, I earned it.

Andrew Selich said...

Thanks for welcome message, Chris.
I've been looking for a way to move up in this business for quite a while now, and I'm excited and anxious for this opportunity. Anytime you need anything...just let me know. I cover a 15 school area, in and around Lapeer County, some schools which include Brown City, Marlette, Mayville, North Branch....most of the BWAC conference and even an NCTL team like Dryden. If you ever need any pics or anything from down the LA way...you know who to call.
as

Jon Sicotte said...

As long as you don't leave the loving arms of the TSA!

Congrats on the new gig.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Sicotte,
I'm TSA... 4 LIFE (said in my best Scott Hall voice).

Chris

Anonymous said...

chris who is going to be your next sports editor?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,
If you would have posted your name, the job would have been yours.
Seriously though, it is a corporate process with approvals and such. I need the official approval to be named editor and at that time official approval to hire someone.
When I know something more, the Blog-A-Maniacs will be the first to know!

Chris