Tuesday, January 8, 2008

UBLY 45, MARLETTE 35

The Ubly girls sent a message to the rest of the league tonight. The message is... they will be a player in the league title race.
The Lady Bearcats did a nice job on the boards tonight, despite being at a decisive height disadvantage (the Red Raider's had three players who were about the same height as Ubly'stallest player Shannon Weber). The defense stepped up as well, shutting out Marlette for over six minutes in the four quarter to come away with win.
While this is only one game, it does prove that Ubly should be in the conversation with Sandusky and Marlette as legitimate contenders in the GTE. I believe they host the Redskins at home on Tuesday, which will really show where they are at.
All I can say is... beware of the trap game. I know Ubly coach Brent Wehner will have his team ready for Friday's battle with Harbor Beach, but they need to play focused. If they get caught looking ahead... let's just say the Lady Pirates are the type of team that could make them pay.
Shannon Weber gets her shot blocked.
Lyndsay White attacks the basket.
Alicia Leipprandt pulls up for a jumper.
Alicia Leipprandt
Lyndsay White
Gena Briolat
Gwen Pionk
Coach Brent Wehner talks with Kayla Kubacki.
Alicia Leipprandt

3 comments:

Mumbles said...

Chris nice to see you back posting. Thought you got lost there for a while. Nice pictures keep them coming. I have a question how do you get such great shots?

Anonymous said...

Mumbles,
Cut me some slack, it's only been three days in between posts.
As for the pictures, years of practice plus constantly upgrading my equiptment.
Chris

Anonymous said...

CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS KIDDO!
I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! SENDING YOU MY BEST WISHES AND GOOD LUCK IN THE NEWSPAPER BIZZZZ.
If there is anything I can do to help you out just give me a call 989-975-0812. I am still without a job and would love to get back in the mix of things. I know alot of people and if you ever need a ...well...help...please...please give me a call.
I am not doing well. Health wise I am fine but still can't find a job. Would love to come back to work with the Press but I know things are tight. If there is any way...any thing I can do just let me know...I am soooooooooo flippin bored. There is nothing out there. I have had several interviews but no luck...Michigan is pretty much a big sucking hole.
I only have a few weeks of unenjoyment left and I really don't want to leave the field that I love. If there is ANY way I can help you and "The Company" out please let me know....If not...Give her Hell and best of luck to you.
Please keep in touch and tell everyone I said hello.
Good luck buddy.
You can do it!!!!
I am sooo Proud Of YOU!
Good Job on covering the sports also...If you need any help...I am available...REALLY!
Your friend,
Patty Bock