Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tuesday Night in Photos

Better late than never! As I said things would be a little slower over here, so this is about a day later than usual, but I still think you'll enjoys these.
As for the game itself, I thought that Ubly did a nice job of establishing Shannon Weber in the first half, where she had 17, but didn't do so well with that in the second half (she had just five points). Coach Brent Wehner said there were two factors: Sandusky adjusted defensively, but more importantly his team didn't do a good job of running their offense and didn't get her the ball as much as they should have.
Looking at a positive for Ubly, their early season loss to Lakers really refocused them, so this game may have the same effect. I still predict that the Bearcats will win on the road at Sanduky in the season finale to win the league title.
Pretty bold prediction after the team just lost, but I saw enough to know with a few tweaks, this could still be the team to beat in the East.
Shannon Weber
Alicia Leipprandt
Alicia Leipprandt
Gena Briolat
Gwen Pionk
Lyndsay White
Shannon Weber
Kayla Kubacki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe you hit the nail on the head when it comes to why Shannon didn't score much in the second half. Why not keep feeding what works? Sometimes I question the direction that this team is given...