Thursday, December 11, 2008

A few tidbits

Now that things have settled down a little bit following Ubly's run to the finals, putting out a remberance section and our winter Sports Preview, basketball action is starting to heat up...well, at least it is underway.
From the early reports I've gotten, there has been several sloppy games so far, but in a few weeks after the Christmas break, most teams should settle in and we should be the quality of games we are hoping for.
Speaking of quality, I hope you all got a chance to check out our Sports Preview this past week. It was truly a team effort as Steve wrote the stories and I layed out and designed the section. It was Steve's first experience with writing 95 percent of the section (I chipped in with things like the players to watch, etc.) and he did a great job.
I really think he needs to be commended for the effort he put out. As someone who has done entire sections by myself before, I know how tricky it, let alone to do it in a rookie year like Steve did. Please feel free to share your comments about the seciton here and any positive feedback you have for Steve's efforts.
As for coverage, we've already got a few games in the bag and we'll post some pictures following tomorrow's action. Steve and I will both be heading to a pair of games, so there will be a wide variety of action tomorrow.
Come back anbd check us out then.
We'll see you at the games!

No comments: