Friday, March 30, 2007

And winner is... Costner... but in what movie

In probably the quickest round in tournament history Bull Durham edged Major League in the comedy bracket and Field of Dreams got by Rudy in another heated battle. This sets up:

The Battle of the Costners- A Falls Count Anywhere, Barb-Wire rope, Exploding Ring match with tables, ladders, chairs, as well as barb-wired boards, light tubes, and panes of glass all to be used liberally throughout the match.

For the three or four usual posters on the blog and the millions of more reading at home... are you ready? Then let's get ready to RUUUMMMMBLLLEEEE!

First to my left, coming to us from the year 1988; this R-rated classic directed by Ron Shelton included such stars as Kevin Costner, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and an underrated performance by Robert Wuhl, later to be know as Arli$$... Bull Durham.

Now coming down the aisle from the year 1989, this family-friendly PG flick included the likes of Kevin Costner, James Earl "Darth Vader" Jones, Burt Lancaster, and "Mr. Maffia" Ray Liotta in a cameo as Shoeless Joe Jackson. This drama written and directed by Phil Alden Robinson with a running time of 106 minutes... Field of Dreams.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll cast the first vote....Field of Dreams

Anonymous said...

field of dreams

Anonymous said...

field of dreams

Anonymous said...

F. O. D.

Anonymous said...

field of dreams

Anonymous said...

field of dreams

Anonymous said...

rudy

Anonymous said...

BD

Anonymous said...

It comes down to line recitation. And Field of Dreams is the winner, there.

Andrew Selich said...

Field of Dreams

Jon Sicotte said...

The fact that my grandpa's great-uncle is "in" the cast of field of dreams players (Chicago Black Sox pitching great Eddie Cicotte)...

I choose F.O.D.


oh and...

Paging Rick Glaza...paging Rick Glaza...I need to be talking witcha!

Call the newspaper (989-673-3181) or radio station (989-672-1360) and track me down...sooner the better.

Jon Sicotte

Andrew Selich said...

I have one problem with Field of Dreams, and this is really nitpicking....there is one glaring error in the movie...Shoeless Joe Jackson was a left handed hitter, and the fact that they have him hit right handed in the movie makes a fellow leftie like myself furious. Yes Ray Liotta is a fine actor, but Shoeless Joe is a leftie too.

Chris Ogryski said...

I have one little problem with Field of Dreams as well. I think DB Sweeney in Eight Men Out was a superior Shoeless Joe that I felt was sympathetic, illiterate. To me Liotta made me feel like Joe could have been any player and in this case just happened to be named Joe Jackson.

Chris Ogryski said...

Let me say first, I vote for Bull Durham.

Now let me officially declare that Field of Dreams wins 9-2.