Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Who would be your Player of the Year?

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was going to be giving Kevin Ginther my vote for Player of the Year when the Thumb Sportswriters Association votes tomorrow. It made me wonder who the rest of you would vote for.
So post your thoughts on Player of the Year and be sure to include your reasoning. While it won't have any barring on what we do tomorrow, but I think it will be neat to see what the general consensus on the blog is.
Here are the criteria (there's only one)... Players must be from one of the following teams: Akron-Fairgrove, Bad Axe, Brown City, Caro, Carsonville-Port Sanilac, Caseville, Cass City, Croswell-Lexington, Deckerville Harbor Beach, Kingston, Lakers, Marlette Mayville, Millington, North Branch Wesleyan, North Huron, Owendale-Gagetown, Peck, Port Hope, Reese , Sandusky, Ubly, Unionville-Sebewaing and Vassar.

6 comments:

Mumbles said...

My vote also goes to Ginther. I follow Thumb sports very closely and Ginther is the best all-around player I've seen this year. His game last week against Brown City really put him over the top for me.

Chris Ogryski said...

Thanks for the input and for being my first ever blogger.
I agree 24 points and two key free throws against the Green Devils was impressive.
Even as a Ginther fan, his 24 total points in two games since and his 6-for-16 streak from the line is not.

Anonymous said...

Pennington from Kingston. The kid can play the point and he's 6-5. He rebounds, he assists, he scores. He's got moves in the post and on the run. As much as Jones is looked upon as a solid player and perhaps the leader at Kingston (much deserved), I'll take Pennington.

Chris Ogryski said...

I've only see Pennington play once at the Holiday Tournament, but he certainly was impressive. His numbers suffer undestandably from not playing enough minutes in the second half of games.

ThumbCoach said...

Tristen Pennington - Can do it all. Best court vision and understading of the game. Numbers don't always tell the story. I saw Kevin Ginther play against Cros-Lex and was very impressed with him as well. They are my 1,2.

Chris Ogryski said...

So far it seems that Ginther and Pennington would be the top choices.
Anyone in blogger land agree or have some other names to throw out there?