Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not my typical Monday/Tuesday post

Usually at around this time on Tuesday, if you head over to the blog there is generally an update on last night's games. Usually I put up a picture from one of the games I was at, usually one I'm pretty proud of.
Today is going to be a little different.
So why the change? Well I was looking in my e-mail today and I saw that Brennan Pitcher's CarePage had been updated. His sight is usually updated several times a week so I see that type of messsage often.
But lately, I've noticed myself just glancing past those messages. It wasn't that I didn't care how "Pitch" was doing, it is actually the exact opposite. I knew if I hoped over to the sight, I could sit there for an hour or two catching up on how he is doing and reading all the special messages people have sent him.
I guess I was trying to stay detached from it all, which is kind of sad in a way. But I think we all do that to an extent; try to keep an emotional distance from things especially when we are busy.
Well I'm still busy, but today I decided to make the time to check this update out and it is great news. Here is what the update said:

May 14, 2007 at 11:23 PM EDT
We got "the call" this afternoon, Brennan's ANC is finally high enough! We will be admitted tomorrow. PLEASE pray for Brennan (he will have a spinal tap and chemo tomorrow), pray for me as I will be staying wih him in the hospital and pray for John and the girls who will be back at home. I'll update more tomorrow. Keep the faith & "B" strong! God Bless! Angie

So as we speak right now, Brennan is likely going through the procedure of already has. So I'm saying, let's take a break from sports for a few minutes today and instead say a prayer for Brennan and his family. Then say another or e-mail some one and ask them to say a prayer as well.
Or better yet, take that few minutes to head over to his CarePage and leave him a message. I'm sure him and his family will appreciate it. Then ask someone else to do it, too.
In fact here is my challenge to all of my blog readers. Let's fill up Brennan's box full of our thoughts and well wishes so when he is well enough to read them, he knows we were all there thinking of him on this important day.
Cutline: In the pictue above, Brennan (left) is seen handing off to Matt Niziolek (right) in the 3,200 relay.

No comments: