Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pigskin Preview is up

That's right, it is 2:47 in the morning and I'm posting the link for this audio. I spent most of the evening celebrating my wife's birthday with her family and have made that time up and then some this evening.
I know two weeks ago, Pigskin Preview didn't get the love it has in the past, but please check out this Super Sized edition with my partner in crime Steve Jias. There's lots of great insight into both the Ubly team and this week's games, as well as what I feel is some pretty humorous interaction between Steve and I.
I really think we've found our groove...Mike & Mike beware.
Anyhow, PLEASE check it out, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Later tomorrow, we'll have coach Sweeney's comments on this week's game. So let's hit (download) these audios early and often. We've already had 227 downloads this week, let's see if we can double that or at least get over 400 in the days proceeding the BIG game.
Show your support Bearcat fans and please feel free to leave your well wishes for the team here as well.
Here is the link you need:
http://www.box.net/shared/83jdeobzav#Pigskin_Preview_Week_12b

Also of note...the TSA met today and we'll be announcing the All-Thumb volleyball team on Nov. 26 and the All-Thumb football team on Dec. 3, so feel freeto tell us who you think should be Coach of the Year, Team of the Year and Player of the Year in each sport.
Look for a huge announcement in the coming days from the TSA about a major development that will rock the Thuymb's sports world as we know it...
Feel free to speculate here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris:

I admit, it's been awhile since I've listened to your pigskin preview. I always listen to the coaches comments, but I've shyed away from the pigskin because, well, it was kinda like going to my sister-in-law's house. You always have to listen to her brag about how good her kids are, when sometimes they're really not.

Today I had some time so I tuned in. I was very impressed. Good chemistry between you and Jias. Really enjoyable listening. So for all you people out there who haven't tuned in yet, do so. You won't regret it.

One question, how did Grass Lake end up in the North? I looked on the map, and they are south of Ann Arbor. I think Ubly lucked out and was put in the south, which, while I don't want to say was the easier route, was better for them. The type of offense they run is something these Detroit area schools don't see. So they really need to be thanking MHSAA. I sure wouldn't be happy if I was Grass Lake. It looks like they may have to face Travers City St Francis in the semi's if they win this week.

Also need to mention what a lucky guy you are. Celebrating your wife's birthday until after 2 in the morning?!?! On a weekday, yet. If we could only all be so lucky, if you know what I mean!!!

Chris Ogryski said...

Hey guy,
I'm not sure how the MHSAA drew up their map, but I think it again goes to the argument that the stars are lining up for Ubly. Every team catches a break or two on a championship run, a call here, a player missing for an opponent, missing out on what someone thinks would be a tougher opponent, etc.
I think Grass Lake would be a tough one, but I think Ubly would pull out the close game against them.
As for you sister-in-laws house comment, I think you are saying that sometimes the show wasn't as good as we thought. Well, we have been working hard to improve it and I think that really shows with this weeks effort.
And BTW guy, to clarify, the celebration, which was a family party, ended at 9 p.m. and I spent the next 5 hours working...
I was really working...
on actual work,work...
like the work I get paid for...
at my job...oh, never mind. :)

Anonymous said...

Chris, you're a better man than me. You see, even if the party did end at 9:00, I wouldn't admit that. Here I was thinking my wife needs to talk to your wife!

Like I said, really good pigskin this week. I know it's a work in progress, but it's really getting there. I know as local reporters you have to talk up the local teams. I just hope you're right about Ubly.

Anonymous said...

hey chris wheres the coach sweeney's comments