Thursday, October 30, 2008

USA & Caseville win big tonight!

Photos by STEVE JIAS
USA celebrates their four game victory over Bad Axe.
USA's Carly Treiber
Bad Axe's Montana Greybiehl
Bad Axe's Lindsey Yaroch
Caseville's Heather Nowak
A big night of volleyball action saw USA knock of Bad Axe 28-26 21-25 25-23 25-22.
I don't know right of hand how this effects the league title pictture. The Hatchets I BELIEVE were undefeated in league play before this loss and I know BA knocked off the Pats earlier in the season. What I can't remember is whether or not USA dropped any league games in between.
Here the stats for the Patriots:
Minda Martinez had 37 assists, seven kills, two solo blocks and scored eight points with three aces; Carly Treiber 20 kills, 26 service receptions and scored eight points; Dani Gremel had 12 kills, two solo blocks and served six points and Jillian Williamson 15 kills, scored 13 points and added seven digs.
In other action, I know Caseville swept their opponents tonight, who I believe was Peck.

1 comment:

Chris Ogryski said...

In talking with Sports Editor Steve Jias, this indeed creates a tie for the GTW title.